Welcome to my other blog. I started this one shortly after graduating from the C.I.A, to differentiate between my food and my other thoughts. It's a cozy little place with frequent weird but real, honest thoughts.

There's really not much more to say here, as anything mildly interesting is either down below or written in my Armadillo section above.
Hope you can relate to some of my thoughts and situations, even if they tend to be strange sometimes

Monday, September 15, 2014

New Year's Resolution in September Inspired by the Ice Bucket Challenge

I know it's only October  September, but I'm thinking about New Year's Resolutions. I'm re listening to "The Year of Living Biblically" by AJ Jacobs  and it touches upon many things that I want to improve in my life.  It's actually a pretty good book. Well researched and very committed, AJ takes a journey into Spirituality that I envy a little.

But it got me thinking. I've already lost 90% of the weight I'd like to loose. I'd like to control my temper more and swear less. Cut back on sugar and other "Bad" things.


But what good is that doing anyone but myself?

The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge was a brilliant campaign. Really, brilliant. I'm a little jealous. Any foundation wanting to raise awareness to anything would be jealous to even get a fraction of that sort of views and massive coverage. It did a lot of good and I only hope we can continue this kind of mass awareness/donating to more worthwhile things.

Thus enter my Resolution: I will donate to a different charity every month. I will do my best to keep to this. I will do my best  to write a little blurb here or on Facebook talking about the Charity/Foundation/Good Things Doing to let you know what this is and why it deserves help.

Now, it wont be a crazy dollar amount. But it will be something. Some charities, like Cup of Joe for a Joe  is a worthwhile charity that only takes a few dollars.

I wont be spending the money I'd like to spend. But there are so many times when we make plans for "The Future" as in "When we have a little more money, I'd like to donate more" Well, you can't change the world, but you can make a dent. 

Why am I waiting? Matt and I aren't "rich" but we have enough. Enough for me to give a little every month. It will keep me from buying more Doctor Who T-shirts.

If I post it here, it's official. I will stick to it.This isn't "Stop biting my nails" or "loose five pounds". It's going to be a real thing. I'm really looking forward to starting.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blogger Id or anything, please leave your name, I like to see who comments!

I moderate every comment, so while I respect your right to express your opinion, I reserve the right to not post it. If you want to be nasty, ask yourself "Is she really worth the trouble?". (PS- I'm not. I'd probably post it everywhere and make fun of you)