Welcome to my other blog. I started this one shortly after graduating from the C.I.A, to differentiate between my food and my other thoughts. It's a cozy little place with frequent weird but real, honest thoughts.

There's really not much more to say here, as anything mildly interesting is either down below or written in my Armadillo section above.
Hope you can relate to some of my thoughts and situations, even if they tend to be strange sometimes

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Made of Snow/I don't know/ How I fit in

I am a freak. I've known it all my life. When I talk to people, or people look at me, I wonder "Do they see how ugly I am? Are they thinking how big a freak I am?"
I am a freak.
I was diagnosed with NF1 when I was about 2. It wasn't ever a big deal; MRIs and stuff.
I've been healthy. I've been lucky. But, I'm a freak. I'm painfully shy and weird. I wonder what 'they' think. NF has affected me most socially and mentally, as well as weird bone deformities. I'm awkward and talk too fast. I have an ugly jaw due to the space between my nose and throat not being formed when I was born, so it had to be broken at 6 weeks old.

I am a freak. I think it a hundred times a day.
 ~~~~


"Made of snow,
I don't know How I fit in
To and fro, people go
I stand and grin"

3 comments:

  1. I never once thought you were a freak in high school. (talking too fast does not make you freaky...)

    But I do like snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenni,
    Thank you so much for coming to visit me over in my corner of the blogosphere. I've already learned so much from just reading a little - until you wrote, I hadn't known that NF1 existed. Thank you for being such a great teacher. And thank you for helping me be a better mom, and better person. And yes, YOU have done all that, just by having this blog. thank you.

    XO R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Leslie, you were always nice. But certain persons we both know were not as kind as you!

    And I really appreciate you checking out my blog Redheadmomma! Your idea for a workshop was so cool! I really hope it expands to other schools soon.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a blogger Id or anything, please leave your name, I like to see who comments!

I moderate every comment, so while I respect your right to express your opinion, I reserve the right to not post it. If you want to be nasty, ask yourself "Is she really worth the trouble?". (PS- I'm not. I'd probably post it everywhere and make fun of you)