Welcome to my other blog. I started this one shortly after graduating from the C.I.A, to differentiate between my food and my other thoughts. It's a cozy little place with frequent weird but real, honest thoughts.

There's really not much more to say here, as anything mildly interesting is either down below or written in my Armadillo section above.
Hope you can relate to some of my thoughts and situations, even if they tend to be strange sometimes

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Nothing Much

It's such a nice day out, but all I'm really planning on doing today is going for a walk. I don't know what else to say, really. I feel quiet. Maybe I'm just a little tired. Maybe I'm just getting a little weary of my daily life. I don't want to jinx it, but I really hope I get the part time job at the ice cream store/cafe in town. It'd be so great, but I'm so nervous about calling. They said they'd call this week, but to me, Ms. Prompt and Anal means Monday afternoon, so I'm nervous. What do I even say? "Hi, this is Jennifer Robinson, I spoke to you about the part-time job and was wondering if you still wanted me to come in?" Geeze. How lame...I'll figure it out.

I can always take the job as a Church secretary, answering phones part time for 15/hr. That could work. I don't know if it's still even open. I just know I need to save up and get out of this house for a bit. I've been here a month and I have yet to find a job. I've sent out four packets of cover letters, articles and resumes last Saturday, which I'm not really expecting to hear back from because it's too soon...but I'll send more out, lots more. I need some form of a job in walking/biking distance. That I cannot stress enough. Biking would free a car up and get me in shape for summer. Gas prices are going to be awful, so I'm expecting to bike to anywhere less than four miles away, but lucky for me, everything I could need is in that range: libraries, food stores, CVS, town. Biking is good for you anyway.

Anyway, I hope it works out. Being here makes me guilty over everything. From sitting in my room reading to drinking milk. Seriously. It would be great to get a job and contribute groceries. I already clean daily and cook when I'm able to. I think helping out a bit more will be a good thing and make me feel less than some kind of sponge.

2 comments:

  1. You should not feel guilty. You contrubute more than either one of you siblings do.

    Matthew Good

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are helping out a lot at your house already.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a blogger Id or anything, please leave your name, I like to see who comments!

I moderate every comment, so while I respect your right to express your opinion, I reserve the right to not post it. If you want to be nasty, ask yourself "Is she really worth the trouble?". (PS- I'm not. I'd probably post it everywhere and make fun of you)